Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bye Bye Mr. Grant


Avram Grant has been sacked three days after losing the Champions League final.  His assistant coaches will reportedly be leaving as well.  Personally, Grant needed to win the Champions League final to stay, and he didn't.  This just goes to show how soccer hinges on little moments.  If John Terry doesn't slip, Grant still likely has a job.  Am I sad to see him go?  No.  I thought he was average at best, but I want to thank him for his contributions to Chelsea, and doing an admirable job with the intense media scrutiny.

So long Mr. Grant.  
Additionally, I wrote an article for Soccerlens today that I put up for review before Grant's firing.  Step one of Chelsea's plan that I mapped out in the article was to fire Avram Grant.  5 minutes later he's fired.  Talk about an accurate prediction.  What actually happened was I finished the article, called up my best friend Peter Kenyon, and told him to fire Grant so I would look like a prognosticator.  Check it out here.

No comments: