Friday, June 13, 2008

Beenhakker Rips English Ref


Leo Beenhakker was understandably mad, after Austria were awarded a late penalty which effectively ousted the Polish from the tournament.  The English found their way to Euro 2008 in the form of Howard Webb, and he duly sparked the ire of Mr. Beenhakker with his questionable penalty.  Here's what Beenhakker had to say about the game and Mr. Webb.

"Maybe he wants to show he is a big boy and has the guts to do it, I don't know,"
"I've never had a problem in 43 years of being in football but this is something I cannot understand.

"It's impossible to accept but I am working on it," 

"I'm very satisfied with the boys, I have no complaints about the boys.

"We don't have it in our own hands any more and the conclusion is we are out of the tournament."


"If you lose a game because they score two and you don't it's different and tough but you accept it," he said.

"Sometimes you don't get what you deserve. This hurts much more than the first match.

"It was the only situation to survive in the tournament. Austria is excited about the result."



No comments: