Sunday, June 15, 2008

Scolari Moved to Chelsea because of the Cash


Luiz Felipe Scolari, esteemed coach of Portugal, and soon to be manager of Chelsea admits that the cash brought him to Stamford Bridge.  Scolari said "money mattered" in his decision to join Chelsea, and if we know Chelsea, we know that Scolari isn't going to leave a poor man.  He also said he hopes to retire in four or five years.  Scolari also revealed that Portugal's football federation wanted to keep him on, but they were not able to match the money that Chelsea was offering.  He also spoke about the concerns that he wouldn't adequately be able to communicate with some of his players.  "I speak English with my players, I speak German, I speak Italian... don't worry, the language of football is only one."  It sounds like Scolari has a firm grasp on his new job, and I cannot wait to see where he can take Chelsea FC.


No comments: